Congradulations - windef.h

Boaz Harrosh boaz at hishome.net
Thu Jan 1 10:06:46 CST 2004

Mike Hearn wrote:

>On Wed, 2003-12-31 at 17:26, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
>

>>Are you using KDevelop to work on Wine? Is it OK? I'm a vim guy
>>myself, and I've never used KDevelop, but I could maybe use some
>>autocompletion :)
>>

>If vim has something like emacs tag completion then you could use that -
>I know etags works pretty well for me. I'm not saying you should use
>emacs obviously, but I expect there is an equivalent or vimscript you
>can use.
>
>Briefly, you can do "make etags" in the wine source root, wait a bit,
>then two very useful features are available:
>
>M-. (find-tag) lets you locate any definition in the wine source tree
>complete-tag lets you perform completion based upon those same tags.
>
>I typically just use dabbrev-expand though which searches files you have
>open in the background for expansions.

Personally I use KDevelop for the debugger. Nothing like it save across
the border at windows MSVC++.
Well I guess I like the other stuff too.

I'm originally a Macintosh person so anything GUI for me. KDevelop will
let you feel more at home if you come from windows.
You cannot use KDevelop 2.1 release with wine. Too many files to deep.
It will crash trying to import that project. (After 10 minuets of a
progress bar)
here you have been warned. KDevelop 3 beta does not do any of that. It
Just runs the makefile no Q asked. 3 seconds done. But be careful do not
use the official beta release (or RPMs or DEBs) use only the latest
snapshot. You'll have to compile it from source.

and thanks for the "make etags" KDevelop likes that too ...