Printing bugfixes

Huw D M Davies h.davies1 at physics.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jan 2 06:35:38 CST 2004

On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 08:23:20PM +0000, Mike Hearn wrote:
> ChangeLog:
> - Write out default printer name in the order used by WinME
> - Support PRINTER_ENUM_DEFAULT
> - Add FIXME for enumerating print providers
>
> I'd appreciate somebody with a CUPs and lpr setup ensuring the order
> change doesn't cause regressions. It appears correct to me, but as the
> code worked before even though it looked like it shouldn't I might be
> wrong.

Actually I don't see why we need a different name and devname we
should just use devname for both entries instead. I think it's a
hangover from some old code

Your patch however looks wrong, you're adding a default printer with
port LPR:LPT1, the spooler will try to print with the command
lpr -PLPT1 which won't work.  You really want to set the port to LPT1:

Huw.