Any experts on IsDialogMessage

Bill Medland billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
Fri Jan 2 12:23:24 CST 2004

Hi All

Happy New Year to everyone and Welcome Back to Alexandre

I am just about to start concentrating on IsDialogMessage, especially in the
non-dialog context.  Our program (suite) uses ActiveX controls extensively
and is difficult to use because the TAB handling in particular is totally
wrong.

I will be using a trivial program with IsDialogMessage inserted into the main
loop and will be trying to figure out the undocumented behaviour of this
function (e.g. I am sure it internally handles redirecting to children etc.)

The only comments I've noticed so far (about a year back) suggest that we
really don't know much about this function, but I thought I'd ask if someone
else has notes about what is wrong with it, how it should work, alternative
web sites etc. or has uncommitted patches etc., just so that I don't
duplicate work.

All comments welcome
--
Bill Medland