Windows dll replacement with Linux library

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Sat Jan 3 03:07:11 CST 2004

On January 2, 2004 05:13 pm, Dan Timis wrote:
> Thanks Dimi, and "La multi ani" (Happy new year).

Hey, La Multi Ani! to you too :)))

> I'm new to this so please bear with me.
>
> First I edited the Makefile and replaced gcc with winegcc.  When I run
> "make" I get this error when it tries to link:
>
> could not open .def file for kernel32
> Error: /usr/bin/winebuild failed.
> Error: /usr/bin/winewrap failed.

Can you please send me the command that generates this? Just to make
sure that we're on the same page, use winegcc (for now) just for building
the test application, not the DLL.

> Then, I ran ./configure --help and it says that you can use the "CC"
> var to specify the compiler.  I started from scratch, set "export
> CC=winegcc", then ran configure again.  The output looks like this:
>
> checking whether make sets {$MAKE}... yes
> checking for gcc... winegcc
> checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
> cannot create executables

This is very odd. winegcc should be configure friendly (it does work for
wxWindows BTW). Hey, what version of Wine are you using? I do hope it's
the latest CVS...

--
Dimi.