netapi32: implement NetServerEnum and NetShareEnum

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Sun Jan 4 12:57:36 CST 2004

Juan Lang <juan_lang at> writes:

> I'm still not getting it.  Those two SMBs are SMBtrans
> SMBs, a single request and (typically) a single
> response.  My NetShareEnum and NetServerEnum functions
> also use SMBtrans.  What's hard?  What does the kernel
> do for us that makes it easier?

Setting the message type was an example of things that require kernel
support in the local case. Obviously you cannot send SMB requests on a

In the remote case, what we need is for the kernel to manage the whole
protocol, so that we can do read() and write() calls as if it were a
normal socket. You cannot manage the protocol in the client process,
it breaks down as soon as two threads (or worse, processes) share the
same pipe.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at