netapi32: implement NetServerEnum and NetShareEnum

Juan Lang juan_lang at
Sun Jan 4 14:33:52 CST 2004

--- Alexandre Julliard <julliard at> wrote:
> You have to do inter-process synchronization, pipe
> handles can be
> shared between processes. I don't see how you can do
> that without
> putting everything into the wine server, which is
> the same as putting
> it into the kernel except with a large performance
> hit (and not only
> for named pipes, but for all file I/O, since it will
> prevent many
> optimizations). But feel free to prove me wrong; I
> haven't studied the
> protocol in detail so maybe I'm missing something.

I don't think pipe handles can be shared in the same
way as other handles.  From MSDN's CreateFile

"The opening process can duplicate the handle as many
times as required but, once opened, the named pipe
instance cannot be opened by another client. "

I haven't experimented with handle duplication enough
to know what this really means, though, so I may be
all wet.  We'll see..

Do you Yahoo!?