netapi32: implement NetServerEnum and NetShareEnum

Juan Lang juan_lang at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 4 14:33:52 CST 2004

--- Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.com> wrote:
> You have to do inter-process synchronization, pipe
> handles can be
> shared between processes. I don't see how you can do
> that without
> putting everything into the wine server, which is
> the same as putting
> it into the kernel except with a large performance
> hit (and not only
> for named pipes, but for all file I/O, since it will
> prevent many
> optimizations). But feel free to prove me wrong; I
> haven't studied the
> protocol in detail so maybe I'm missing something.

I don't think pipe handles can be shared in the same
way as other handles.  From MSDN's CreateFile
reference:

"The opening process can duplicate the handle as many
times as required but, once opened, the named pipe
instance cannot be opened by another client. "

I haven't experimented with handle duplication enough
to know what this really means, though, so I may be
all wet.  We'll see..

--Juan