#2 - Mdi Win16/32 Split

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Mon Jan 5 00:27:10 CST 2004

On January 2, 2004 01:12 pm, Steven Edwards wrote:
> Its hard for me to say but most of the problems lies in user/gdi/kernel
> now. The Win16/32 Cleanup is closely tied to the MS_VC+PSDK porting so
> even if we remove a dependancy on a Win16 function it does not really
> mean the cleanup is done. The Win32 functions may still depend on other
> Wineisms.

Man, we're beating around the bush :) We have two tasks:
  1. split Win16/32 code
  2. compile the split Win32 code with MS_VC+PSDK

Look, I took a shot at creating a "Porting" page (attached). Legend:
  N = Not available
  C = Compiles
  B = Builds (Compiles & Links)
xx% = Percentage of porting work complete

It is partly based on the spreadsheet you sent out some time ago.
Can you please:
  1. Check that I got that info right
  2. I didn't miss anything
  3. Fill in the places where you know stuff builds with MS_VC+PSDK
     or you have any information of the status of the porting effort.
  4. Report on the ReactOS column: what is already imported in ROS?
  5. Any news on the Alpha port?

We have to start somewhere, and with a bit of luck and work, we can
fill this chart in time for WineConf! :)

--
Dimi.