install default config files to $PREFIX/share/wine

chmorgan at charter.net chmorgan at charter.net
Mon Jan 5 16:01:52 CST 2004

Registering the dlls?  Is this the same as loading them?

How would we know which dll was responsible for creating which registry entries?  Is it that clear which one should do it?

Would the code called during registration check to see if the default keys existed and if it didn't install the default values?

Would the inf file be mostly keys we've added for workarounds with apps like installshield installers?

I'm asking because I'd really like to have wine create its own default config to simplify the users life and wineinstall, and I'd also like to simplify package managers lives so they don't need to many special scripts.  I'm also interested in integrating the ~/.wine/config file into the registry.  So feel free to suggest places to look, work and what direction to head.

Chris