winearts patch

Chris Morgan cmorgan at alum.wpi.edu
Mon Jan 5 20:10:50 CST 2004

Just looking it over it seems fine.  Eric Pouech is a better person to review
something like this, he's had quite a bit more experence in this area.

A couple of things:

(4b) wodPlayer_FeedDSP()

In the while loop, I could not figure out the purpose of 'availInQ >
SPACE_THRESHOLD', so I changed it to 'availInQ'. In reality, the
SPACE_THRESHOLD check could probably be left in, I am not sure what
the purpose was in the first place.

I think is to prevents us from feeding very small amounts of data.  I'm not
sure it is necessary for arts but I believe oss/alsa have issues with chunks
of data below a certain size.  Perhaps it improves performance if we aren't
always trying to stuff a handful of bytes in.

(4d) Removed wodPlayer_DSPWait()

I just calculate the wait value once in wodOpen() and store it in
wwo->dwSleepTime.

Won't this value change as arts becomes filled with data or plays data out?

ARTS_P_PACKET_SETTINGS
Can you go over these changes a bit more?  Maybe Tom can add some information
to the documentation based on what you have to say about the change.

Thanks,
Chris