install default config files to $PREFIX/share/wine

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Mon Jan 5 22:07:40 CST 2004

<chmorgan at charter.net> writes:

> Registering the dlls?  Is this the same as loading them?

No, it's running regsvr32 on them, which calls the DllRegisterServer
entry point.

> How would we know which dll was responsible for creating which
> registry entries?  Is it that clear which one should do it?

Usually it's clear yes.

> Would the code called during registration check to see if the
> default keys existed and if it didn't install the default values?

Normally it just sets the keys, no need to check anything. That code
already exists in many cases, check the various regsvr.c files.

> Would the inf file be mostly keys we've added for workarounds with
> apps like installshield installers?

Yes, it would be everyything that cannot be done by registering the
dlls (which shouldn't be too much hopefully).

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com