PATCH: Editing DLL overrides in winecfg

Robert van Herk robert at robertvanherk.nl
Wed Jan 7 15:24:56 CST 2004

Alexandre Julliard wrote:

>Robert van Herk <robert at robertvanherk.nl> writes:
>

>>This is a patch that adds a tabsheet to winecfg, that allows the user
>>to change the dll overrides; both globally and per app.
>>

>I put this in, but note that there are more possibilities that just
>builtin or native that will have to be supported too. Altogether there
>are five possible combinations: "builtin", "native", "builtin,native",
>"native,builtin", "".

So what would each one mean? I looked in the documentation on
http://www.winehq.com/site/docs/wine-user/config-dll, but cannot find
any details.

Let me get this straight: dll overrides specificy whether you want to
use the windows dll or wine dll, right? So, when you put it on "", this
is essentially the same as leaving the dll override out?

And how is "native" different from "native, builtin"? Will Wine refuse
to load the dll at all, when it's configured to use a native dll and it
cannot find one?

And do you really think the user should be troubled by having these 5
options? After all, we wanted to keep winecfg simple, not complete, right?

Greetings,
Robert