Mouse up vs Mouse click

Fabian Cenedese Cenedese at indel.ch
Thu Jan 8 04:23:56 CST 2004

At 14:15 19.12.2003 +0000, Mike Hearn wrote:
>On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 14:01, Fabian Cenedese wrote:
>> The control is a bit quirky with moving focus around and handling events
>> specially. But still it works on Windows :) Now I'm a bit lost how I can
>> debug this. +mouse didn't show anything usefull. I guess the
>> generating and sending of the events is done in the wineserver.
>
>+event,+message is useful, look in dlls/x11drv/event.c for the
>translation from X events to Win32 messages.

The log messages were not that helpful, I know try to have a look at
the source, but I need more knowledge.

>I think I might have a similar bug to this in AVImark. Basically the bug
>is to do with mouse events on context menus - in normal context menus
>you get RMB down, RMB up, context menu appears. In this RichEdit
>derivative, it goes: RMB down, context menu appears, user picks an
>option, context menu disappears, RMB up, context menu appears again.

Could somebody explain me (or direct me to info) how this should work
in general? I mean even on Windows, when is something a click and
when a down/up or down/click? I know that a too slow double-click will
be two separate clicks, but I'm uncertain about the down/up events.

Thanks

bye  Fabi