Will DCOM98 be pulled?

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Thu Jan 8 05:52:00 CST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 23:39, Ove Kaaven wrote:
> Well, I've done about as much as I dared do without knowing exactly what
> plans you have. After all, widl can *not* link to oleaut32 since widl is
> not a Winelib app (and wasn't meant to be since someday we may want widl
> to generate some of the .c and .h files used by Wine DLLs such as
> oleaut32 at build time, instead of putting the generated files into
> CVS). My original plan was to use stdio to write typelibs straight from
> widl, not to use ICreateTypeLib.

OK, I thought I'd CC this to Alexander so he realises this, I must admit
I had just assumed widl was a winelib app like all the others.

To be honest, as we might one day have to implement ICreateTypeLib
anyway (and i think Alexander mentioned he wanted these for his own
project anyway), it seems like a lot of extra work to do this once in
widl and again in oleaut32. Is being able take generated files out of
CVS really that big a gain? We already ship quite a few (wineserver,
build system, idl->h) and it doesn't really cause problems.

thanks -mike