reading relay log

Ferenc Wagner wferi at afavant.elte.hu
Thu Jan 8 10:19:51 CST 2004

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:

> On January 8, 2004 06:49 am, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
>
>> I would be glad to drop it, but how can I keep serving
>> messages while running the tests?  Sorry for being dumb.
>
> I haven't looked at the source lately, but aren't you
> running the programs in a different process? If so, why
> are they blocking winetest?

I wanted to make the gui as unintrusive as I could.  This
means that the original program stayed intact apart from the
status reporting functions inserted here and there which
send messages to the gui.  The only synchronization I need
is not starting the tests until the gui is created, which is
achieved by an Event object.  The picture could be changed
of course (it is somewhat inside-out now), but that would
require splitting up the original code into separate
callbacks.  Not something I'm particularly fond of.  The
present code is still a little bit verbose, I could use
DialogBox instead of CreateDialog and an explicit message
loop, which are relics of the hard beginnings.

Or maybe all the above is the result of my misconceptions.
Please correct me if it sounds silly; winetest is my first
Windows program, after all...

Feri.