Broken Mandrake packages

Marcus Meissner marcus at jet.franken.de
Thu Jan 8 15:23:46 CST 2004

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 10:10:59PM +0100, Ivan Leo Murray-Smith wrote:
> > Hmm, OK. I don't know which this person was using. Why is /usr/lib/wine
> > even added to ld.so.conf though, surely that isn't necessary? Only
> > libwine needs to be in the linker path.
> libs are in /usr/lib/wine and dlls are in /usr/lib/wine/dlls, not adding
> /usr/lib/wine to ld.so.conf causes wine to fail, as it doesn't find
> ntdll.dll.so. There are alternative solutions, but this looks good to me, keeps
> dirs tidy and has always worked.

No!

rpm -ql wine
/usr/lib/libwine.so
/usr/lib/libwine.so.1
/usr/lib/libwine_unicode.so
/usr/lib/libwine_unicode.so.1
/usr/lib/libwine_uuid.a

These are all libraries that belong to /usr/lib.
All others (<dllname>.dll.so dlls must go to /usr/lib/wine/).

libwine.so will look and find them in /usr/lib/wine/ by default when trying to load them.

There is NO need to add /usr/lib/wine to ld.so.conf!

Ciao, Marcus