Broken Mandrake packages

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Thu Jan 8 16:44:32 CST 2004

Mike Hearn <mike at> writes:

> Would you accept a patch to use this code on Linux systems to figure out
> where to load the DLLs from? That way Wine can be installed to any
> prefix and it works automatically, no need for wrapper scripts or
> anything like that.

Well, it could maybe be added as an option, but I don't think it would
work in all cases, since it will necessarily add different constraints
on the layout (for instance you need to hardcode that the dlls are in
../lib/wine relative to the binary, which may or may not be what you

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at