uxtheme and unicode INI files

Kevin Koltzau kevin at plop.org
Thu Jan 8 19:05:02 CST 2004

I've submitted this patch once with no luck, but I've got a question that may affect my need to use this patch (or one similar)

Msstyles store a few INI files within the style that define various properties of the theme. Windows duplicates
all the .ini file processing within uxtheme.dll, I would prefer to not do this (hence this patch) however, what
are the feelings of temp files being generated from resources in a style while its being loaded (which would be needed
to use the GetPrivateProfile* family of functions)?
Or would it be preferable that I stick with the way windows does it (by duplicating the ini file loading within uxtheme)
and do all the processing in memory?