bogus patch to bind() dlls/winsock/socket.c (request removal)

Christoph Frick frick at SC-Networks.de
Sun Jan 11 09:15:38 CST 2004

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 12:36:46PM +0000, Mike Hearn wrote:

> > -                /* The game GrandPrixLegends binds more than one time,
> > but does
> > -                 * not do a SO_REUSEADDR - Stevens says this is ok */
> > -                TRACE( "Setting WS_SO_REUSEADDR on socket before we
> > bind it\n");
> > -                WS_setsockopt( s, WS_SOL_SOCKET, WS_SO_REUSEADDR,
> > (char*)&on, sizeof(on) );

> That looks familiar. In fact, the TRACE was originally a FIXME but it
> caused so much spew with so many apps I changed it. I couldn't see
> exactly what needed to be fixed given the contents of the message - it
> seems to be simply informing us of progress, but it's a possibility
> somebody knew this wasn't correct.

the patch was originally from me and the wsock maintainer also requested
to removed it the day it was submited to the cvs tree.

i will provide this patch further on the page i have setup with
instructions how to run gpl and NR2002/3. if this patch prevents some
facny apps from working i think its better to remove it. all the gpl/nr
racers that run the game on linux are die hard fans of the game, who
have their windoze only running for this games and are looking for a way
det rid of it complete.  they will not care for quicktime as they use
<put some linux sofware here>.

i dont have not time and also not the slightest motivation to look for a
proper solution on the M$ or Papyrus end.

--
cu