uxtheme: lots of infrastructure

Kevin Koltzau kevin at plop.org
Mon Jan 12 18:55:18 CST 2004

On Monday 12 January 2004 07:07 pm, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Kevin Koltzau <kevin at plop.org> writes:
> > As far as inefficent that wasnt my concern as the data is only
> > loaded once at startup and never touched again
> > If it is an issue I will change this and resubmit
>
> Startup performance is definitely an issue. This is done for every
> app, and we are already doing way too much init work at startup, we
> should not add any more than strictly necessary.

Ok so the next question would be, how exactly would I define this? :)

my first thought would be something like
MSSTYLES_MAP MAP_PROPERTY[] = {
    {TMT_STRING,TMT_STRING,((const WCHAR[]){'S','T','R','I','N','G','\0'})},
};
but in previous conversations that was decidedly a bad idea for portability reasons

I guess I'd probably need to define each string beforehand like
WCHAR szString[] = {'S','T','R','I','N','G','\0'};
and use that in the map, but before I undergo that large task I would like to verify thats the best way