slight trouble running winetests under windows

Hans Leidekker hans at it.vu.nl
Tue Jan 13 04:20:29 CST 2004

On Tuesday 13 January 2004 05:47, Chris Morgan wrote:

> I'm trying to get some of the wine tests compiling and running under
> windows, oleaut32 test specifically.  I've got the project file built and
> everything opens fine under visual studio 6.  The only issue is that during
> linking of the oleaut32 tests _IID_IFont is undefined.  Oddly enough if I

I get these linking errors too when compiling with MinGW. I solve
these by manually adding -luuid. The dsound test needs -luuid and
-ldxguid to link. There has been some discussion in the past as to
how to solve this. I proposed a number of changes to Wine's build
system to fix this but they were rejected.

Let's see if I can sum up the issues. In Wine uuids are put in
a lib called libwine_uuid. It's called like that because a
libuuid already exists. Second thing is that in MinGW and MSVC
there are two separate libraries with uuids, uuid and dxguid,
whereas in Wine they're all in one.

 -Hans