slight trouble running winetests under windows

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Jan 13 12:13:54 CST 2004

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Francois Gouget wrote:
>
> > this particular problem. However this should let msvcmaker generate the
> > right set of import libraries (currently it hard-codes the list of .lib
> > files to link to, including uuid.lib but not dxguid.lib).
> >
> > For MinGW it would be harder though. This is using the crosstest target
> > in the regular makefiles, right?
> > Maybe a `echo $LIBS | sed s/libwine_/lib/` ?
>
> The way it should work is the following:
>   -- winemaker generates MinGW compatible Makefiles. In it, it
>      uses -luuid and -ldxguid to link to these things.

That's a completely separate issue. winemaker is not involved
for compiling the Wine conformance tests with MinGW. I don't
think there's any reason to involve it either.

As far as converting Windows projects to Winelib/MinGW projects,
winemaker would have nothing special to do for uuid and dxguid (though
since winegcc is not usable yet, for now it should prefix them with
'wine_').

May your Tongue stick to the Roof of your Mouth with the Force of a Thousand Caramels.