slight trouble running winetests under windows

Francois Gouget fgouget at
Tue Jan 13 12:13:54 CST 2004

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Francois Gouget wrote:
> > this particular problem. However this should let msvcmaker generate the
> > right set of import libraries (currently it hard-codes the list of .lib
> > files to link to, including uuid.lib but not dxguid.lib).
> >
> > For MinGW it would be harder though. This is using the crosstest target
> > in the regular makefiles, right?
> > Maybe a `echo $LIBS | sed s/libwine_/lib/` ?
> The way it should work is the following:
>   -- winemaker generates MinGW compatible Makefiles. In it, it
>      uses -luuid and -ldxguid to link to these things.

That's a completely separate issue. winemaker is not involved
for compiling the Wine conformance tests with MinGW. I don't
think there's any reason to involve it either.

As far as converting Windows projects to Winelib/MinGW projects,
winemaker would have nothing special to do for uuid and dxguid (though
since winegcc is not usable yet, for now it should prefix them with

Francois Gouget         fgouget at
May your Tongue stick to the Roof of your Mouth with the Force of a Thousand Caramels.