slight trouble running winetests under windows

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Tue Jan 13 13:33:25 CST 2004

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dimi at> writes:

> The way it should work is the following:
>   -- winemaker generates MinGW compatible Makefiles. In it, it
>      uses -luuid and -ldxguid to link to these things.
>   -- on MinGW, this will work just fine
>   -- under Wine, winegcc will translate this into -lwine_uuid
>      and -lwine_dxguid respectively. It already does so for
>      -luuid, we just need to do it for dxguid as well.

The current problem is that Wine itself is not built with winegcc so
this doesn't help. A possibility could be to rename the library to
libuuid but install it in /usr/lib/wine to avoid conflicts. This will
require winegcc and winemaker to set the correct library path, but
they already have to do that for import libs anyway.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at