slight trouble running winetests under windows

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue Jan 13 13:33:25 CST 2004

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dimi at intelliware.ca> writes:

> The way it should work is the following:
>   -- winemaker generates MinGW compatible Makefiles. In it, it
>      uses -luuid and -ldxguid to link to these things.
>   -- on MinGW, this will work just fine
>   -- under Wine, winegcc will translate this into -lwine_uuid
>      and -lwine_dxguid respectively. It already does so for
>      -luuid, we just need to do it for dxguid as well.

The current problem is that Wine itself is not built with winegcc so
this doesn't help. A possibility could be to rename the library to
libuuid but install it in /usr/lib/wine to avoid conflicts. This will
require winegcc and winemaker to set the correct library path, but
they already have to do that for import libs anyway.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com