slight trouble running winetests under windows

Francois Gouget fgouget at
Tue Jan 13 18:33:27 CST 2004

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 chmorgan at wrote:
> Ahh yes, this appears to be the issue.  If I go to "project
> settings->link->object/library modules" and add "uuid.lib" to the list
> then the test compiles without many other issues.  Shouldn't the
> script be adding this to the .dsp/.dsw?

That's strange. I thought that msvcmaker was already systematically
including uuid.lib in the generated .dsp/.dsw files.

> I'm having great troubles compiling the test against vs6 header files
> as well, should I upgrade to the latest platform sdk?

YEs. Unfortunately compiling most of Wine's tests with the 'Windows
headers' requires a pretty recent SDK (and getting the latest SDK is
somewhat painful). The headers that come with VC6 just don't cut it.

Francois Gouget         fgouget at
    Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?