Problem with configure/config.cache

Dominik Strasser dominik.strasser at
Sat Jan 17 09:49:09 CST 2004

I am running into a problem, each time I rerun tools/wineinstall:
wineinstall calls configure; configure finds a valid config.cache.
On detction of the aRTS sound server it does the following:
if test "${ac_cv_c_artsserver+set}" = set; then
  echo $ECHO_N "(cached) $ECHO_C" >&6
# check for aRTS

so if configure is called repeatedly, the else clause is not executed.
But only in this else clause, ARTSC_CFLAGS and ARTSC_LIBS are set, which
results in an uncompilable wine alsa driver because ARTSLIBS and
ARTSINCL is set to those vars.

Something similar happens in the detection of the asm keywords to be
used in the stabs generation.

I am not an autoconf guru, so I have no clue how to fix this.