PATCH: tools/winewrapper and memory limits

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at
Sat Jan 17 19:19:34 CST 2004

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> This does not really help, since winewrapper is only used for in-source-tree
> startup.
> Once installed, 'wine' is no longer this shellscript, but an ELF binary.

Of course you're right (I didn't forget our discussion <g>).

Still, this very patch would have saved me at least one hour, probably
more in trying to debug things, so I think it's worth getting applied.

Concerning a real installation, perhaps also in that case 'wine', as
invoked by the user, should become a shell script performing this test
(and, later, perhaps further ones) before invoking the real thing?

Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry)   gerald at