RFC on our new initiative

Gregory M. Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Wed Jan 21 10:55:32 CST 2004

On Tuesday 20 January 2004 08:05 am, Jeremy Newman wrote:
> From the desk of Jeremy White (who is at LinuxWorld ATM).
>
> Hey folks,
>
> We've just launched a major new initiative, the
> CodeWeavers CrossOver Compatibility Center.
>
> You can check it out at
>   http://www.codeweavers.com/site/compatibility/
> but I think it's fair to describe it as the appdb
> on steroids.

Looks great to me; although there are not any discussions yet (or are there?)
in the "forums" area to demonstrate the quality of the forum interface, if
it's something along the lines of phpBB, then it's perfect.

In my mind, the appdb is great, but better, threaded, discussion areas were
needed for people to really get serious about it.

As for wine vs Crossover -- I presume that "plain old wine" users are welcome
to participate?  If so, then there really isn't a problem.

One layout nit: the images on the top don't line up right in Konqy 3.1.5.
Looks pretty interesting, I hope it catches on.

--
gmt

"In accordance with the GPL, the source for pogo is available upon request,
for a nominal fee to cover media and shipping costs.*

"* = The source code will be provided to you as a series of large, neon-lit
marquee letters shipped individually in wooden packing crates. Currently,
the world's supply of neon gas limits our ability to ship large quantities
of source code. The current expected wait time is 32 years, plus or minus
6 months, depending upon the condition of labor relations in countries with
substantial noble gas exports.

"For more information, please inject crystal meth directly into your eyeballs,
and light yourself on fire while listening to the following song:

"xmms http://www.ibiblio.org/propaganda/pogo/easteregg.mp3"

  -- the pogo README, presumably written by Bowie J. Poag