RFC on our new initiative

Jeremy Newman jnewman at codeweavers.com
Wed Jan 21 11:08:24 CST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 10:55, Gregory M. Turner wrote:
> Looks great to me; although there are not any discussions yet (or are there?)
> in the "forums" area to demonstrate the quality of the forum interface, if
> it's something along the lines of phpBB, then it's perfect.

It's hard to compete with a package that has had years of devel like
phpBB, but I will be expanding the forums as time goes on. I'm currently
working on a moderation system for it. Right now, as they stand, the
forums I am using here are only slightly better than the WineHQ version.
I did add prev/next links when more than 50 posts are displayed. And I
added the goofy profile icons everyone seems to like so much.

> As for wine vs Crossover -- I presume that "plain old wine" users are welcome
> to participate?  If so, then there really isn't a problem.

As long as they are talking about usage under CrossOver. We really don't
want to confuse our customers.

> One layout nit: the images on the top don't line up right in Konqy 3.1.5.

I recently updated the site to W3C HTML 4 compliance, but in doing so it
broke how it displays in Konq. Ugh. Why bother being compliant if it
breaks on some browsers out there.

--
Jeremy Newman <jnewman at codeweavers.com>
CodeWeavers, Inc.