Lotus Notes broken in recent CVS

Robert Shearman R.J.Shearman at warwick.ac.uk
Thu Jan 22 14:17:52 CST 2004

> Hello,
>
>       For the last couple days, Lotus Notes (5.0.11) has been broken under
> CVS Wine.  Since Wine was released as a snapshot, I thought that I had
> better speak up because it is still broken and no one else seems to have
> noticed a problem with whatever recently changed..  Here is what I see:

[snip]

> err:module:map_image Could not map section .rdata, file probably truncated
> err:module:import_dll Loading module (file) LTOUIN22.dll (which is needed
> by L"C:\\Lotus\\notes\\nnotesws.dll") failed (error c000007b).

[snip]

> err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for
> L"C:\\Lotus\\notes\\nlnotes.exe" failed, status c0000135
>
> I do not know how to debug this, but am willing to run things if it would
> help (I am fairly knowledgable but not about C/C++ programming/debugging).
> Its a little awkward - I have to re-install an older level of Wine (I am
> currently running the December 12th snapshot) to send any e-mail and then
> install the current level to see the problem...

Ok, there has been relatively few changes in the area that that would cause
this problem.
Try backing out this patch: http://cvs.winehq.com/patch.py?id=10770
There are a few other patches that could possibly have caused this, although
Alexandre will probably know for sure.

> My system is Mandrake cooker (current), with GCC 3.3.2 and the current
> kernel (currently 2.6.2-rc1-mm1).  Notes is installed on an XP partition
> (FAT32), and run from there under Wine.  I grab CVS every few days, and
> have not had any serious problems with this configuration since NPTL
> support was added, so I am reasonably sure that I do not have a
> configuration problem.

Yes, it doesn't sound like a configuration problem at all.

Rob