LockResource16 in ole32.dll

Ge van Geldorp ge at gse.nl
Fri Jan 23 09:53:17 CST 2004

> From: Dmitry Timoshkov [mailto:dmitry at baikal.ru]
>
> "Ge van Geldorp" <ge at gse.nl> wrote:
>
> > Would the attached patch be an acceptable solution?
> > Basically it does a GetProcAddress on LockResource16
> > and uses it if found (Wine case). If it's not found,
> > it uses LockResource().
>
> That will not work. 32-bit LockResource can't be used on a
> memory block allocated by GlobalAlloc16, as I explained before.

No, not in Wine. But Wine will still use LockResource16, so there's no
problem. I can assure you that the memory block won't be allocated by
GlobalAlloc16 in ReactOS, simply because there is no GlobalAlloc16 in
ReactOS. Since there is also no LockResource16 in ReactOS it would take
the other code path. I'm just trying to find a solution which allows
umodified source code to be used by both Wine and ReactOS.

Ge van Geldorp.