segmentation fault when using and

Mike Hearn mike at
Fri Jan 23 16:33:31 CST 2004

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 11:21:14 -0800, Anil Akurathi wrote:
> Hi,
>     I need functions like 'MultiByteToWideChar', 'SysAllocStringLen', etc
> which are in and libraries. I have some of
> questions regarding using them.

First off, you can't use these functions from outside a WineLib app. I'll
assume you're using winegcc because of that.

> - How can I link these libraries with my program. Using
> option -lkernel32.dll looks for file.

You shouldn't need to, apps are automatically linked against kernel32
iirc. Something like this for oleaut32:

winegcc -o fooapp -loleaut32 fooapp.c

> - I implement an XPCOM class using these libraries and when I try to create
> an object, it gives the 'Segmentation Fault'.
> - I tried using but it doesn't contain the above functions I
> need.

You should read the WineLib developer guide - you cannot use Wine code
from a standard Linux app I'm afraid.

thanks -mike