shell32 patch 20

Rolf Kalbermatter rolf.kalbermatter at citeng.com
Sat Jan 24 13:22:41 CST 2004

"Dmitry Timoshkov" <dmitry at baikal.ru>

>> >  RtlCreateUnicodeStringFromAsciiz()
>> >
>> > Why do you need that?
>>
>> RtlCreateUnicodeStringFromAsciiz() is neither present in MinGW nor in PSDK.
>
>That doesn't justify the change IMO. There are lots of places in Wine
>using that construct, and it's much more convenient and avoids code
>duplication (with a possibility of adding bugs in even such a simple
>case).

I was under the impression that it was desirable to cross compile as many
dlls as possible in different environments. shell32 has currently only a
few reasons why it can't be compiled and linked in Visual C and I think it
is a good idea to improve on that.
This of course isn't any reason but maybe an indication: native shell32 does
not import RtlCreateUnicodeStringFromAsciiz() either.

Rolf Kalbermatter
CIT Engineering Nederland BV    tel: +31 (070) 415 9190
Treubstraat 7H                           fax: +31 (070) 415 9191
2288 EG Rijswijk	http://www.citengineering.com
Netherlands		mailto:rolf.kalbermatter at citeng.com