New Open Source License: Single Supplier Open Source License

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Sat Jan 24 19:24:58 CST 2004

Richard Schilling wrote:
> I would like to present to you all a new Open Source software license I've written up.
[ ... ]

One the face of it, Section III, "Distribution Restrictions and Obligations."
of your license fails to comply with OSD #1 & 2:

"1. Free Redistribution

The license shall not restrict any party from selling or giving away the
software as a component of an aggregate software distribution containing
programs from several different sources. The license shall not require a
royalty or other fee for such sale.

2. Source Code

The program must include source code, and must allow distribution in source
code as well as compiled form...."

See http://www.opensource.org/docs/definition.php.

--
-Chuck