Winedbg: Parse symbols in libc, libpthread, etc

Robert Shearman R.J.Shearman at warwick.ac.uk
Sun Jan 25 07:48:37 CST 2004

> Robert Shearman a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > This patch allows winedbg to parse symbols in libraries directly linked
> > to the wine binaries, like libc and libpthread. This will usually mean
> > just using the symbol table, but this is better than nothing.
> Hi Robert
>
> I don't understand why you need to walk the shared object (from
> lm.l_ld)? Normally, all loaded shared object will appear in the main
> module loaded linked list, so we should only need to walk that list.

I'm not sure which you mean by the main module loaded linked list, but I
guess you mean the one we get the rest of the modules from. On my system
(Fedora Core 1), the modules directly linked to wine-pthread/wine-kthread
don't appear in the main module list (i.e. don't get listed at all when you
run, for example, winedbg notepad).

> The
> rest of the patch is correct

The first part of the patch makes winedbg not give up when it doesn't find a
.stab section, but the rest of the patch is finding these extra libraries
and moving stuff around to not duplicate code.

> (I'm currently working on fixing some of
> the issues of the debugger: get around WINELOADER issue, report
> unsupported debug format (like Dwarf2...)).

Cool. If this patch will get in your way, just let me know.

Rob