16bit app calls wineps.drv, but wine has wineps.dll (missing alias?)

ceztko at libero.it ceztko at libero.it
Thu Jan 29 14:36:22 CST 2004

"Alexandre Julliard" <julliard at winehq.com> writes:

> > Ok, but the cups autoconfiguration set "wineps" in win.ini, and it seems
> > impossible to ovveride this settings... Maybe a synlinks wineps.drv.so -->
> > wineps16.drv.so in /etc/lib/wine/lib/wine can help?
>
> No, you can't really fix that with symlinks, the dll names are built
> into the dlls themselves. If the win.ini entry is set by the cups code
> then it should be fairly easy to change it to store wineps16
> instead. This may break something else, but I guess we'll see...
>
> --
> Alexandre Julliard
> julliard at winehq.com

As i touhgt a symlinks is not enough... No chance for alias? Isn't there a
mechanism to make wine to use different dll if required to do so? Anyway, i'll
be very happy If you'll change cups code a bit: is very frustrating this
impossibility of edit the autodetect configuration, and the fact it removes any
other printer configured in the [windows] section in win.ini (is it a bug?)!
...forgive me if i forwarded the previous mail only to you. I was at university
and i did a mistake with the web-mail.

Francesco Pretto
ceztko at libero.it