File change notifications

Joerg Mayer jmayer at loplof.de
Sat Jan 31 02:12:51 CST 2004

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 05:23:24PM -0800, Duane Clark wrote:
> No, that is the named pipe problem. I retain a private patch in my tree,
> which reverts the named pipe patch that causes the crawl.

Just a thought: This is not the only time, where a hack is used to fix a
specific problem/application that is unacceptable for inclusion into the
source tree. How about adding a hacks/ directory where patches like this
one can be collected and (more or less) maintained? The maintainance would
be the responsibiblity of those who use the patch.

 Ciao
           Jörg
--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer at loplof.de>