window focus working better?

Alex Pasadyn ajp at mail.utexas.edu
Sat Jan 31 23:32:01 CST 2004

Greetings all!
I just happened to run an installer with Wine and I forgot to trap it
inside a desktop, and to my surprise, it did NOT put a big blank window
up front, so I was able to use it normally.  I had not used one of these
in a while, so I tried a couple others, and they worked normally too
(outside of desktop mode).  Looking back through the logs, I think this
patch may have fixed that issue, at least for a lot of cases:

http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-cvs/2003/12/0156.html

I couldn't see any discussion of this in here, so I was wondering if
anyone else has seen similar results.  I also tried several full-screen
games that historically gave me keyboard focus trouble, and every one of
them got keyboard input.  I have not changed anything with my window
manager, and reversing that patch causes the problem to return.

So, is this working now for anyone else?  Did I overlook the discussion?

Alex