[Mono-winforms-list] Fw: [Mono-list] System.Windows.Forms plans.

Peter Dennis Bartok peter at novonyx.com
Fri Jul 2 00:17:38 CDT 2004

>You are asking for stable interfaces and those can only come once there
>is a Wine 1.0.  Its not here and dont get me wrong I think the Wine TODO
>list is way to long and things should be close to frozen by now but
>thats not the case. All you are doing is pointing out that its not
>stable which is well known. I wish it was stable now but its not and
>until the TODO is done its not going to be.

Paul's message was very specific, asking about a versioning interface (which
I would have loved to have, too, instead of trying to guess in code what
version of Wine I might be dealing with). If very reasonable API requests
are being refused while it is still under heavy development why would those
be granted once 1.0 is reached? And, thus, how is working down the TODO
going to help his request?

With SWF we luckily have a choice whether or not use use Wine, we tried with
and it didn't quite work out, so now we're gonna try without. Paul isn't as
lucky, his code is dependent on the Win32 API.
I would have thought that Alexandre is exited that his code is being put to
new, cool uses even he never imagined...

With that I should probably stop participating in this thread, since it's
really not contributing to SWF development :-)

Regards,
  Peter