Assertion in dlls/ntdll/loader.c

Jon Griffiths jon_p_griffiths at
Sat Jul 3 07:12:16 CDT 2004

I'm experimenting with native vs builtin comctl32 for an app and
whenever I set this dll to native I hit this assert in

assert( mod->Flags & LDR_WINE_INTERNAL );

This happens on a 2.6 and a 2.4 system. I suspect its not related to
comctl32 per-se, but merely loading a native dll at all (since this
is the only native dll I'm using). Using all builtins does not hit
this assert.

I don't really grok what this function is doing, but commenting it
out allows the app the start up with no ill efects. Any ideas?

"Don't wait for the seas to part, or messiahs to come;
 Don't you sit around and waste this chance..." - Live

jon_p_griffiths at

Do you Yahoo!?