Wierd wine threading crash

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Sun Jul 4 06:29:22 CDT 2004

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 03:11:48 -0400, Andrei Barbu wrote:
> Any ideas?
> By the way, the above only happens once in a while, it's more common
> for the stack to be full of ??s or winedbg failing to get any backtraces.

Yeah. I wouldn't pay too much attention to what winedbg is saying
currently, the move to dbghelp seems to have broken a few things. I wasted
an hour or two the other day because winedbg was giving an identical
backtrace for each thread in a process - it was only after examining the
logs that I realised it was actually just silently backtracing the same
thread each time. I'm sure these bugs will be shaken out sooner or later
but for now I'd go by the contents of the traces alone.

In this case, I'd suggest doing a +relay,+seh trace and seeing what was
invoked just before the crash: the winedbg disassembler should still be
working as well if you want to try and find out what the program was doing
at the time of the crash.

thanks -mike