D3D8_GetCreationParameters fix

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Fri Jul 9 06:01:53 CDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 11:06:54AM +0200, Christian Costa wrote:
> I think he means ChessMaster 9000.

So the patch has no chances at all to be included in Wine by Alexandre
knowing his stance on pointer checks in API functions...

> This is the best things to do but the problem is not always obvious.

I agree that it's not always obvious, but well, it's the only way to really
be sure of CM9000's behaviour.

> If REing does not give significant result, I would suggest to check how the function behaves in windows
> and implement the same behaviour with maybe a big comment about ChessMaster 9000.

I would really find it strange to have such checks in DirectX, an API that
is supposed to be fast (for example, I have a test program which gives you a
nice BSOD just because I forgot to set a pointer to a value different from
NULL).

These kind of checks should only present in the 'debug' release of the D3D
DLL which should do a lot of additionnal checks.

             Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/