RFC: OpenSSL vs NSS

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 9 16:10:41 CDT 2004

Hi Lionel,

--- Lionel Ulmer <lionel.ulmer at free.fr> wrote:
> Well, from the FAQ on OpenSSL, they say that on Linux systems it
> should not
> be a problem as OpenSSL is part of the 'base' system. No idea if RMS
> would
> agree to that one though :-)

I know what his answer is. I to him before about a binary driver
exception to the GPL for ReactOS so I assume his answer will be the
same for this clause. He is going to say that as the author you can do
what you want including adding exceptions to the GPL but you run in to
trouble when you try and add code from other GPL applications because
the GPL does not allow the license to be tainted except by later
versions of the GPL unless the author allows for it.

Thanks
Steven