Initial creation of directory and config with ttydrv

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Fri Jul 9 20:41:14 CDT 2004

Le ven 09/07/2004 à 00:19, Shachar Shemesh a écrit :
[snip]

> Actually, it's a little more complicated than that. I am creating the
> initial config from an RPM, giving the winehq RPM as a dependancy. For
> the time being, I solved this problem by having my RPM create a new user
> (which it has to anyways), and copy over a complete .wine directory.
> However, I'm afraid that if things change in the future, the config may
> no longer work as it does. For that reason, I would really prefer to
> have the vanilla config auto-created, and then just add the files and
> registry necessary for my application.

Running wineprefixcreate manually should fix your problem.
Try this:
mkdir ~/.wine
sed -e "s/\\\"x11drv\\\"/\\\"ttydrv\\\"/g" /etc/wine/wine.conf
>~/.wine/config
wineprefixcreate

You should then have a populated registry and fake C drive, all using
ttydrv.

> >Else, unless you modify the default value in the source code for ttydrv
> >to be the default value, I don't see another solution than copying the
> >config from, eg., /etc/wine/wine.conf (I think the default is
> >${prefix}/etc/wine.conf), modifying the "GraphicsDriver" value while
> >copying (sed is your friend here).
> >

> But what about the initial directories? dosdevices? windows/system etc.?

You're right, those are not all correctly created/populated. Maybe we
need more finely-grained tests than [ -d ~/.wine ]?

Vincent