Status of MSI

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Mon Jul 12 07:44:52 CDT 2004

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 13:15:16 -0500, Mike McCormack wrote:
> Consider adding "msi" = "native, builtin" to your Wine configuration
> files, and not installing the MSI redistributables straight away when
> you encounter an installer that uses msi.dll :)  Let us know what bugs
> that turns up.

Random thought: we really need a better way to manage default DLL
overrides. We want to use native,builtin for DLLs in our tree that are
little more than stubs and need a big push to get them off the ground, and
builtin,native for DLLs like MSI which are good enough to go into
production.

Asking people to manually fiddle with their config on wine-devel really
isn't a good way to do this.

We already have a hard coded list that we can use for this, but last time
I tried to change it Alexandre said it was only for things like user,
ntdll and so on. Is that a good policy?

thanks -mike