fix collate icon behavior in printdlg

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Fri Jul 16 14:17:30 CDT 2004

James Hawkins wrote:

>Hi,
>
>    With this patch, the behavior of the Copies section of the print
>dialog box is correct.  The new behavior is:
>
>If number of copies is 1,
>    collate option is unchecked and shaded because collate is not possible, and
>    collate icon is removed whether it was set to collate or not collate.
>else if number of copies > 2,
>    collate option is unchecked but not shaded, and
>    no_collate icon is displayed.
>
>There is only one change that im not sure should go in or not, and
>that is when the collate option is checked and we drop the number of
>copies to one, should we uncheck the collate option as well as shade
>it?

It is a nice touch that shows the user that the option doesn't mean
anything in that state.
However, if the user decreases the copies to 1 and then increases up to
2 their setting has been lost.
Also, the dialog doesn't look right when in its default state of only 1
copy. There is a large gap where the collate image would have been. It
would be nice if we could put another image there of say, only one sheet
of paper, showing why the collate option is disabled.

Rob