build problem

Stefan Leichter Stefan.Leichter at camLine.com
Mon Jul 19 05:24:06 CDT 2004

Alexandre Julliard wrote:

>Stefan Leichter <Stefan.Leichter at camLine.com> writes:
>

>>My problem is related to  'out of tree builds'. When i have a changed spec
>>file for a dll in the build tree it does not get used. The spec file from the
>>source tree is used.
>>
>>Can this be fixed?
>>

>The spec file is source so it should be in the source tree, I don't
>see anything to fix here. What are you trying to do?

My computer has a cvs (source) tree and the build tree. When i make
changes to test something, i copy the source file to be changed for the
source tree into the build tree and modify it. After this i run
configure, make depend, make and make install in the build tree to get
the changes into the wine binary.

If a c-source file or a header file exists in the build tree it ist used
instead of the file in the source tree. Spec files in the build tree are
ignored. They are always used from the source tree. Therefore i have to
edit the Makefile in the build tree to use the modified spec file, or
like the dll.so file by hand.

Hope my problem is explained clearer now. Do i use an undocumented feature?

Bye Stefan