Fix crash in dsound test

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Mon Jul 19 07:10:51 CDT 2004

Hi Robert,

Robert Reif wrote:
> How did this fail in windows.  Since it doesn't crash with wine,
> wine is doing something wrong.  Lets try to figure out what is wrong
> and correct wine to have the same behavior as windows or at least
> notify someone that something is wrong.

Sorry, I should have added a DSERR_UNINITIALIZED error check. But I see
your "dsound initialization patch" fixes this oversight and also the
DirectSound problem in Wine. Thanks.

> Is anyone working on getting direct sound into the windows port
> of our regression tests?

Well, I didn't work on this directly but I tried to get executables for
testing on Windows. Once I grabbed the special 'Wine MinGW' libraries I
was able to compile it fine with MinGW so that's one way. I also tried
to compile it with VC6 on Windows but I had less luck with that. I also
had problems compiling the test on Windows using VC6+latest Win32
SDK+DirectX9.0. But your "windows compile patch" fixed these problems.
So I think there's no obstacle to putting the DirectSound tests in winetest.

The only problem with this test is that it requires DirectX 9.0. It's
annoying because:
  * it means we cannot test the behavior of older versions of DirectX.
  * DirectX 9.0 cannot be installed on some Windows platforms, notably
Windows 95 and NT4.

So it would be cool if the dependencies on DirectX 9 could be made 'soft'.

--
Francois Gouget
fgouget at codeweavers.com