urlmon missing InternetSecurityManager

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Mon Jul 19 07:50:18 CDT 2004

Jeroen Janssen wrote:

>Hello,
>
>It seems urlmon is missing a (stubbed) IInternetSecurityManager Interface
>(see also
>http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/security/szone/reference/ifaces/iinternetsecuritymanager/iinternetsecuritymanager.asp
>).
>
>Since I am new to this, I was wondering how I can create a stubbed
>implementation. As far as I can tell I need to :
>* update the urlmon.idl (add IInternetSecurityManager)
>* create a stubbed implemenation in dlls/urlmon/; making sure the stubbed
>interface also gets registered during 'wineprefixcreate'.
>
>Are there any (wine) pointers on implementing a new (stubbed) COM interface?

You will need to update the corresponding urlmon.h header file too, so
that it can be used by C code. You can do this by running "make idl" in
the wine/include/ directory.
Lionel Ulmer had a script to create a stubbed out COM interface, so
maybe he could give you the script or create the interface for you.
However, given the relatively small number of methods in
IInternetSecurityManager it might be just as easy to create it by hand.

Rob