Fix winmm's check_position() tests

Robert Reif reif at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 19 19:35:05 CDT 2004

Francois Gouget wrote:

> Robert Reif wrote:
>
>> Please revert this patch.  It is wrong and produces the following
>> errors in windows xp:
>

> That's not what I'm seeing here. I have reverted the patch on my local
> tree. Then I did 'make crosstest' and I have run the test on Windows
> XP. I attached the result to this email.
>
> Sometimes in the VMware virtual machines I do get 96000 instead of
> 96001 for the 96kHz tests. But that does not seem systematic. Maybe
> that's the pcm conversion bug you mentioned?
>
> So do you have any idea why we are getting different results? Maybe
> the result depends on the individual sound driver and the winmm test
> should accept both?

I compiled the wave test with VC7 on xp pro sp2 using latest platform sdk
and dx9 summer update.  I have a SB Live!5.1, SB audigy 2, SB 16 pci, and
a built in i810.  All exhibit the same behavior.  My linux setup is an
up to date
RH 9 smp.

Could it be a compiler or vmware issue.

I just downloaded a fresh cvs copy and will try it again.