COM outproc & CFProxy unhandled interface for IRunnableObject

Jeroen Janssen japj at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 22 05:33:40 CDT 2004

Hello,

I'm trying to run 2 programs:
1) is a COM server program
2) is a COM client program

Now, program 2) tries to access a COM component from 1) (outproc).

It seems some marshalling is being done, but eventually I get:

fixme:ole:CFProxy_QueryInterface Unhandled interface:
{00000126-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}

This interface seems to be IRunnableObject.

Now I'm not exactly sure how this is supposed to work, or even if this is
the reason why my test currently fails. I can provide more logging/info if
I know what exactly to provide.

Note that I tried a small outproc client/server test that seems to go ok
without this error, so the 'basic' outproc mechanism seems to work ok.

Can someone provide more information on how wine deals with Outproc COM?
On a side note, what are the main differences in COM implementation
between wine and winex (if I understand correctly, Transgaming rewrote the
COM implemenation for winex in order to better support the InstallShield
installer?).

Best regards,

Jeroen Janssen