Add a WINEVER environment variable

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Thu Jul 22 08:01:11 CDT 2004

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:05:47 +0200, Andreas Mohr wrote:
> I'm afraid I don't like the naming, since it's potentially confusing
> (plus, it somewhat goes against established rules, "WINE + function").
> What about WINEWINVER instead? I for one like it much more.
> Also, this doesn't take into account that we're also able to set the
> DOS version. So what would that be called then? WINEVER, too? ;-)
> WINEWINVER and WINEDOSVER is a much better choice, IMHO.

Yeah I thought about that, but to be honest the only reason to have this
is pure convenience - the more typing required the less convenient it is.
I never, ever set the DOS version. It's always either win9x vs win2k for
me, so saving a few characters seemed worth it.

But, I can change it if really wanted. Alexandre?